What's better than one dish that includes your meat, veggies, and starch? Well nothing... other than a crockpot that can cook it for you while you do whatever the heck you want! I have become the queen of crockpot meals. I love to cook but sometimes when your day is super busy and you don't get home until late, or really just aren't in the mood to spend the time to whip something up the crockpot is perfect.
I have already professed my love for the crockpot in a few other recipes (Spicy Loaded Chicken Tortilla Soup, Beef Ragu, Chili, Beef Stew,etc.) so let me skip serenading you with the crockpot and get straight to the goods.
This pot roast is super easy to make, you throw in some diced onion, diced red potatoes, whole baby carrots, 1 lb beef chuck roast, a little dijon mustard, spices, and beef broth and cook everything for 6 hours. Boom dinner done while you have had time to workout, work, clean the house, pick up the kids, whatever!
To top it all off it's healthy, means that you aren't eating fast food because you don't have time to cook dinner and is so delicious!
Blissfully Lively Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1/2 bag baby whole carrots
- 1 bag baby red potatoes halved
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic salt & pepper
- Chop onion & dice potatoes and garlic, Add all including carrots to crock pot.
- Take roast out of packaging and rub with garlic salt, pepper, thyme, and dijon mustard.
- Place roast on top of veggies in crock pot.
- Add 2 cans of beef broth to crock pot.
- Cover and let cook on high for 6 hours.
- Roast is fully cooked when easily falling apart in crockpot.